There are many wonderful ways to be involved at St. Andrew Parish School. Please consider volunteering your time at our school!
We already know that we need everyone’s help with some special events. Watch your family envelope for the volunteer sign-up sheets for these:
- St. Nick’s Breakfast (December)
- Children’s Clothing Exchange (Spring)
- Summer Festival (July)
- Help with our Sports Program (Volleyball, Basketball, Kindergarten – 4th Grade Basketball)
- Selling Tickets for St. Nick’s Breakfast, the Big Ticket Raffle and Summer Festival Raffles
YEAR LONG TASK
- Room Parent: To help the classroom teacher with various projects and parties throughout the school year.
ONE-DAY and SPECIAL EVENTS TASKS
- Picture Days: To help organizing groups and help with paperwork
- Kindergarten Screening Day: Help with vision and hearing screening as well as help with moving children from station to station.
- Book Fair: To help set-up and sell at the Book Fair during last week of January.
- Phone Tree: To help call families when we have mid-day closing of school due to weather emergencies.
- Covering Paperback Books: To help cover books with plastic laminate (we supply materials).
- Parent Association meets monthly in the evenings. This group has accomplished many extra's for our school. Babysitting is available.
- School Committee meets monthly in the evenings. Its function is to form school policy, establish and monitor the school budget, fund-raising, and long-range planning.
- Advancement Committee meets monthly in the afternoon. Its function is to assist with public relations, recruitment and retention and to promote St. Andrew Parish School.
- Buildings & Grounds Committee meets monthly in the evenings to monitor the upkeep and projects that keep our parish buildings running smoothly.
- Technology Committee supports our computer lab, network, web page and our Technology Plan. Meeting dates will be announced.
- Committee Support: I cannot attend meetings, but I would like to help support committee events, fundraisers or activities.
- Market Day Helpers: To help with the set up and pick up of Market Day
- Walkathon Fundraiser for our School: To help with acquiring donations and organization.
- Big Ticket Raffle: To help with acquiring donations and organization
- Annual Fund Mailing: To help stuff envelopes, address labels and sorting information.
- Library Coordinator: Coordinator to help oversee all library duties
- Library Aide: Weekly library time with students on Fridays. assisting with computer data-entry maintenance of library - shelving books, bulletin boards, dusting, etc.
- Art Room Aide: Picture Lady Program: taking art in to classroom, presenting information to students, all materials provided
- Art Room Aide: assist displaying art, assist with special projects
- Art Club Assistant: monthly assistance at project-oriented meetings
- Occasional Maintenance: Painting, Cleaning, Repair, Construction, Playground, Yard, Outside Work
- Concession Stand Chair: To organize and run (delegate to volunteers) the concession stand during evening and weekend sport events of 5th through 8th grades.
Are there other ways you would like to help our school? Please let us know by calling the school office at 728-6211.